Warning. Cloning this item will not retain its parent-child relationship.
Visualise Your Thesis Competition Entries
Visualise Your Thesis is an international competition that challenges graduate researchers to summarise their research in an engaging, 60-second visual multimedia presentation. The University of Sydney has held the Visualise Your Thesis competition since 2018. This collection is a gallery of all of the entries that have taken part in the University of Sydney's local competition.
Browse by year
- 2021 Entries
- Anastasia Suraev, [Winner 2021] From prohibition to prescription: Cannabinoids as novel sleep aids
- Ana Rita Barreiros, [Runner Up 2021] A comprehensive study of the effects of real-time functional MRI neurofeedback on treatment-resistant depression
- Rachel Visontay, [Viewer's Choice 2021] To drink or not to drink: Does a little bit of alcohol cause good health?
- Sumali Kuruppu, Shared Book Reading in Bilingual Families
- Stephanie Mantilla, How people with invisible disability help us add the colour back into online health advice
- Shengjie Zhai, From English for General Purposes (EGP) to English for Specific Purposes (ESP): University English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Teachers’ Professional Identities in China
- RuiChun Zhang, Jury Suggestibility: Covert Recording and Transcripts
- Samantha Hefferan, Characteristics of Human Tendons used for Autografts and Allografts in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Mengjie Huang, Amygdala Integrity in Frontotemporal Dementia
- Mariam Mandoh, Youth Engagement in Research, Policies & Guidelines for Chronic Disease Prevention
- Sally Ayesa, How can we improve education and learning in the field of medical imaging for radiologists and non-radiologist clinicians?
- Jennifer Li, Tolerogenic dendritic cells are protective against acute kidney injury
- Babet de Groot, Who is governing marine plastic pollution?
- Sussan Allaou, Picturing Identity: An Investigation into Culturally Inclusive Literacy Practice with Secondary EALD Students Using Multimodal Texts
- Alla Melman, Reducing avoidable hospital admissions for low back pain
- 2020 Entries
- Francisco Garcia Bulle Bueno, [Winner 2020] How to count tropical pollinators in Australia? Estimating the colony density of the Australian native bee Tetragonula carbonaria
- Jiarun Lin, [Runner Up 2020] New ways of illuminating disease
- Jocelin Chan, [Viewer's Choice 2020] Bedside to bench and bench to bedside – Evaluating the effect of Annona muricata in people living with cancer – The B to B and back study
- Alisa Bernhard, Beyond the notes, beyond the steps: music and dance for the performing subject
- Manuel Lequerica, The Ecology of Urban Hoverflies (the Forgotten Pollinators)
- Anna Singleton, Thriving after breast cancer: Empowering health via text messages
- Finula Irem Isik, Functional Study of the CDH4 Gene in Multiple System Atrophy
- Eugenie Macfarlane, Osteoarthritis: sleep deprivation leads to knee aggravation
- Xueting Wang, Present bias for monetary and dietary rewards: Evidence from Chinese teenagers
- Vicky Duong, Adherence to conservative interventions in osteoarthritis
- Jin Wei, Photonic Lantern as Focal Plane Wave Front Sensor
- Gabrielle Maston Suthern, Meal replacement diets for the treatment of severe obesity
- 2019 Entries
- Kenya Fernandes, [Winner 2019] Cryptococcus: the Big and Small of it
- Manuel Lequerica, [Runner Up 2019] The Ecology, Behaviour, and Evolution of Urban Syrphid Flies (Diptera: Syrphidae)
- Claudia Natale, [Viewer's Choice 2019] New Pathways for Treating Chronic Pain
- Yu Lin, Inhaled combination phage-antibiotic therapy for antimicrobial resistance bacteria
- Tim Mahlberg, Uncovering Organisational Superheroes: Working beyond the job description
- Sandra Gordon, Roman Heads, Greek Hearts, Canaanite Souls: Culture, Identity and Social Change at Pella of the Decapolis (63 BCE To 295 CE)
- Sam Peppou-Chapman, New characterisation methods for lubricant-infused surfaces using atomic force microscopy
- Pradytia Pertiwi, People with disabilities in disaster-prone Indonesia
- Pauline Khoo, Dry eyes in breast cancer patients
- Mike Seymour, To Affinity and Beyond: Interactive Digital Humans as a Human Computer Interface
- Maria Ruz, Heat tolerance in wheat: Plant characteristics and reflectance properties
- Maria Cabrera-Aguas, Development, implementation, and evaluation of a treatment guideline for herpes simplex keratitis
- Hasrul Hosshan, What we can learn on social participation of adolescents with learning disabilities from Malaysian inclusive education settings?
- 2018 Entries
- Genevieve Sergeant, [Winner 2018] Flourescent Arrays for Phosphate Sensing
- Hiba Jebeile, [Runner Up 2018] Flexible dieting in young people
- Kenji Fujita, [Viewer's Choice 2018] The development of quality indicators for home pharmaceutical care
- Brett Pollard, Can the design of office workspaces 'nudge' people to move more at work?
- Anika Rouf, Investigating the use of social media to improve calcium intake of young adults
- Larushka Holister, Biomedical Applications - Fish: Good in a Weird Way
- Anna Singleton, Text message program to support women's health after breast cancer treatments (EMPOWER-SMS)
- Narjis Fatima, A novel drug to treat blood cancer studied in a novel system designed to grow patients cells IN LAB.
- Rachel Ranjan, Can countries improve working conditions through internaltional trade agreements?
- Steven Liaros, From a Linear to a Circular Economy: Reshaping Human Settlements for Zero Waste
- Jaysson Esteban Guerrero Orbe, Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Energy Trading
- Rosaria Indah, How can Patients Teach Doctors?: A research project in post-disaster areas in Aceh, Indonesia
- Edward Toth, Detecting Changes in a Group of Stocks over time
- Shannon Das, How to stop cataracts.
- Robert James Stove, Ireland, England, and Europe: Stanford's Organ Music
- Sumi Shrestha Taylor, Ultrasound findings of adhesive capsulitis
From English for General Purposes (EGP) to English for Specific Purposes (ESP): University English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Teachers’ Professional Identities in China
How can we improve education and learning in the field of medical imaging for radiologists and non-radiologist clinicians?
[Runner Up 2021] A comprehensive study of the effects of real-time functional MRI neurofeedback on treatment-resistant depression
Picturing Identity: An Investigation into Culturally Inclusive Literacy Practice with Secondary EALD Students Using Multimodal Texts
Roman Heads, Greek Hearts, Canaanite Souls: Culture, Identity and Social Change at Pella of the Decapolis (63 BCE To 295 CE)